Sunday, September 29, 2013

Life as an American girl

You ever have that feeling that your life is passing by in a blur and you can hardly keep up with it? Well, I can tell you that that's me these past weeks. So much has happened and I love all the new things I'm experiencing! Except for a few days of being sick many things have happened and I know there's only more to come. Last weekend me and Anne found our homecoming dresses (for $25!) which is in next week. After that we went apple picking and the apples cost even more than our dresses! But to be fair, they did taste good, and this weekend we made a delicious apple pie out of it. We have been to 2 birthday dinners and on Friday we went to the mall with Holly. We didn't have any luck finding make-up or shoes but when we were at Walmart yesterday we at least found the make up. We also went to a cider mill, where we had apple cider (and even though I hate drinking apple juice or anything like that, I have become addicted to the apple cider!) and yummy donuts. Last wednesday I was also supposed to meet up at the auditorium to help with the fall play. And yeah, I said "supposed to" because when I asked these girls where it was, I added that I was an exchange student so they didn't think I was weird or something (hehe). Barely had the words left my mouth before they started attacking me with questions. Now you might think "attacking" is probably a bit of a strong word, but yeah - no. They kept shooting questions and when their friends walked by they would yell that I was an exchange student from Denmark. So instead of making it to the auditorium (they never told me, so I couldn't really go anyway haha) I spent the next few hours speaking with them and their group of friends. I'm really bummed I don't have any classes with them because they were so nice. And as an extra duty on yearbook I'm gonna cover the homecoming game and crowning, which means I get to be totally up close!

Christine and Lee at the cider mill

 The delicious apple cider

 Yesterday it became official that Anne can stay with us the entire year (YAY!) So of course I had to have a picture ;)

 Me and Lee at the cider mill

 Since we already had a picture with Anne - why not one with me too?

 Me and Anne at the cider mill - oh wait, Christine's hiding in the back ;)

 Me, Anne and Christine at the cider mill with nobody hiding in the background

 The giant sizes you can get in USA!

 Me and Anne doing duck face. Adorable, I know

 For yearbook we had a photo scavenger hunt. Since it was right then I was sick I decided to use my own creative way to show a classroom in action

 Me, Anne and Christine at Taco Bell after having found our dresses

 Anne sleeping on the bus on the way home from school

 The cutest thing ever happened during creative writing class on Friday. This kid had brought roses with him and while he was making everything ready, our teacher went to get the girl he was gonna ask out for homecoming. When she entered the room he started to read a poem he had written. And fortunately, she said yes! (It would have been rather awkward if she had said no and I would've felt so bad for him!)

 Me and Holly at the mall. She fell so much in love with the sunglasses that she bought them!

 The sky was looking so pretty when we got home from the mall so me and Anne decided to take some pictures

 Just admit it.. I should totally go professional

 Apple cider + donuts= perfect day!

Finally after many weeks of trying to get a decent picture where both me and Anne were in it, we made it at the cider mill!

No comments:

Post a Comment